Saturday, June 12, 2010

End of The Year

The year has come to an end and what a year it was.  This was probably one of the most difficult years of my career but my excitement and enthusiasm about next school year kept me motivated and got me through the year.  In an effort to do what's best for students I came across a number of road blocks.  Teachers had to be placed on growth plans, students needed to be evaluated for emotional disturbances, and the pressure of academic accountability was forever mounting.  If anyone thinks educating our future is an easy task then they are sadly mistaken.  If all we had to do was show up and teach students perhaps it would be easy; however, the truth of the matter is that the other things often get in the way of us teaching students.  Other things like lack of parental support, disruptive behavior from students, and mounding paperwork and administrative responsibilities.  However, even with all of this, I am still excited about the difference I know I'm making in students' lives.

No comments: