Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Need To Talk To You About My Child's Attendance

A mom came in the other day and wanted to talk to me about her son's attendance. He has been picked up early several times this year and mom wanted to let me know what was going on with her family. I soon discovered that mom is ill and has to receive weekly treatment for the next few months so her son has to be picked up early.
I'm sure it was difficult for this mom to share such personal information; but I'm so glad she decided to share this information with me. The student's absences will be excused until mom completes treatment.

This is just another great example why it's so important to keep the lines of communication open.

1 comment:

tatumcap said...

The fact that you are approachable enough for the mom to share her situation speaks volumes. So many people have an adversarial way of dealing with anyone that has contact with their children. She obviously trusts and respects you.y