Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Duck and Cover

Today I was called to a classroom because a student refused to follow the teacher's directives. When I arrived the class was lined up and waiting to head over to the gym for PE class.  One student was sitting under the computer tables refusing to line up with the class.  I instructed the teacher to take the class to PE while I dealt with the student.  I asked the student why he was sitting under the table. He yelled at me.  I couldn't quite make out what he was saying so I told him I would give him 3 minutes to get himself together.  3 minutes came and went and the student was still seated on the floor.  I radioed for the assistant principal to call his mother and this really made him angry.  He yelled at me, threw a chair  across the room, and came at me with a chair raised above his head.  Needless to say, he was suspended for 3 days.  

No comments: