Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm not in the mood for this today.

I thought that maybe today I wouldn't have to deal with a disrespect student, that maybe I could spend some time with students who are making good choices.  What was I thinking?? Sure enough at 11:52 I get a knock at my back door.  A teacher needs to talk to me because one of her students got upset after lunch because he is going to miss some of his recess.  He doesn't like this decision t so he yells out "F---".  When I approach him to discuss the matter he starts walking away from me. In the back of my mind I'm thinking.... "Here we go.  I'm not in the mood for this."  "I go on to explain to the student that we can do this the hard way or the easy way.  I'm not going to chase you."  The student continues walking away from me.  At this point I tell him I will call his mom if he doesn't come to the office with me.  I then take him by the hand as he reluctantly walks with me to the office.   

No comments: